Thank you for purchasing My Mold DetectiveÂ®.
For best results, please read and follow instructions carefully.
Recommended Step (Optional):
Take digital photos of your sampling locations in
action. Upload your photos to your online report
during the registration process. This will provide
a more customized and documented report.
Step 1: Take Air Samples
Required Outdoor Air Sample:
- On one cassette, mark the box labeled “Outside Sample.”(This will be your REQUIRED control sample.)
- Ensure you have a power outlet to plug into. You may need an extension cord.
- Take sample when it’s not raining or snowing, in an open area 10 ft. away from the structures and overhangs, 3 to 5 ft. off the ground. (Use a chair to set the pump on.)
- Remove both tape flaps from top and bottom of the air cassette. (Save flaps for resealing cassettes.)
- Open the pump lid. (This will remain open during testing.)
- Insert cassette onto the air sample inlet tray and secure firmly in place.
- Push the green button to start the sample, The button will illuminate during testing.
- The pump will shut off automatically after 5-minute sample is complete.
- Reseal top and bottom of air cassette with tape flaps after air sampling is complete.
Indoor Air Sample:
- Mark the remaining air cassette(s) with the room name. All indoor sample(s) should be taken in the middle of the room, 3 to 5 ft. off the ground.
- Repeat steps (b) through (d) outlined in Outdoor Air Sample section.
- Indoor sampling should be performed immediately after outdoor air sample.
Note: Air Cassette limited to one use. Do not reuse cassettes.
Take indoor air samples within 15 minutes of the outdoor air sample. Outdoor air sample must be repeated for all future testing sessions.
Step 2: Take Surface Samples
- Write the surface location name on the tape lift.
- *The serial number is required during the online registration process.
- * Visit MyMoldDetective.com for surface sampling instruction video.
- Peel off the white backing to expose the tapeâs tacky surface.
- Align clear window on the tape lift directly onto the suspect surface that you want to test.
- Firmly press the window of the tape onto the suspect surface while keeping a corner lifted for easy removal.
- Remove tape lift from surface.
- Apply sticky tape to glass slide
as shown on image.
- Insert glass slide into plastic case provided.
- Ensure the plastic case is securely sealed before mailing.
Note: Tape lifts are for single use only. Once tape lift is removed from surface tested, do not reapply to any surface.
Step 3: Register Online
Step 4: Mail Samples
Insert air samples and surface samples into the FedEx mailing envelope provided and mail to laboratory.
Note: Sending more than one envelope or package may cause samples to arrive separately and cause possible delays with analysis.